Seabourn Honored with 14 Magellan Awards from Travel Weekly
Gold and Silver awards recognize the excellence of vessels, design, spas, programming, expeditions, marketing & more
SEATTLE, September 20, 2017 - Seabourn, the world's finest ultra-luxury cruise line,
is shining brighter than ever this year with the recent receipt of 14 Gold
and Silver 2017 Magellan Awards from the arbiters of travel excellence at Travel
Weekly. Judged by an expert industry panel, the annual Magellan Awards
honor the best in travel and salute the outstanding travel professionals that
make it all possible.
the third consecutive year that Seabourn has been honored with multiple
Magellan Awards, the line earned seven Gold Magellan Awards for
2017 in the following categories:
- Cruise - Overall Mid-Size Cruise Ship: Seabourn Encore
- Cruise Elements - Luxury Ship - Spa Design: Spa & Wellness with Dr. Andrew Weil, Seabourn Encore
- Cruise Elements - Luxury Ship - Entertainment: "An Evening with Tim Rice"
- Cruise Marketing - Website: "Extraordinary Worlds"
- Cruise Marketing - Promotional Video: Extraordinary Worlds Anthem
- Cruise - Overall - Education Program: Seabourn Academy
- Overall - Loyalty Program: Seabourn Club
received seven Silver Magellan Awards for the year including:
- Cruise - Overall - Luxury Ship: Seabourn Encore
- Cruise Elements - Luxury Ship - Restaurant Design: The Grill by Thomas Keller, Seabourn Encore
- Cruise Elements - Luxury Ship - Suite Design: Luxurious Wintergarden Suites, Seabourn Encore
- Cruise - Expeditions - Itinerary: 14-Day Ultimate Glacier & Fjord Adventure, Seabourn Sojourn
- Cruise Marketing - Website: Seabourn Ovation Microsite
- Cruise Overall - Blog: Seabourn Blog
- Expeditions - Shore Excursion: "Ventures by Seabourn"
always look forward to September in anticipation of the winners of Travel
Weekly's annual Magellan Awards honoring the best in travel. This year's
wait proved more rewarding than ever, with industry experts recognizing our
brand as among the best in the cruise industry," said Chris Austin, senior
vice president of global marketing and sales for Seabourn. "As always, we
are delighted to be recognized and travel professionals should book with
confidence knowing their clients will be provided with the finest ultra-luxury
travel experience at sea."
Judging for the 2017 Travel Weekly Magellan Awards was handled by top travel industry experts including Richard Bangs, Executive Producer and Host of Richard Bangs' Quests; Patricia Schultz, author of 1,000 Places to See Before You Die; CBS Travel Editor Peter Greenberg; Bruce Beckham, former CEO of Tourism Cares; Rob Kwortnik, a Professor at Cornell University School of Hotel Administration; Colleen Kelly, host of the American Public Television series Family Travel with Colleen Kelly, and others.
Seabourn represents the pinnacle of ultra-luxury travel with intimate ships offering key elements that set the line apart: spacious, thoughtfully appointed suites, many with verandas and all 100% ocean front; superb dining in a choice of venues; open bars throughout the ship; fine wines poured at lunch and dinner; award-winning service and a relaxed, sociable atmosphere that makes your clients feel right at home onboard. The ships travel the globe to many of the world's most desirable destinations, including marquee cities, UNESCO World Heritage Sites, and lesser-known ports and hideaways.
For more details about the award-winning Seabourn fleet, or to explore the worldwide selection of Seabourn cruising options, call Seabourn at 1-800-929-9391 or visit www.seabourn.com.