COSTA CRUCEROS, AWARDED WITH THREE EXCELLENCE CRUISE AWARDS
- Costa Cruises has been honoured at the 16th edition of the Excellence Cruise Awards with three quality seals: "Best Value for Money", "Best First Cruise Line" and "Excellence in Sustainability".
- The winners are chosen on the basis of the opinion of 4,000 cruisers and travel agents who vote in each of the 17 categories.
Madrid, March 8th, 2023. Yesterday the cruise industry once again dressed up for the 16th edition of the Excellence Cruise Awards, the first and only specialised awards in the industry in Spain. Thus, for the seventh consecutive year, Costa Cruceros received three awards, becoming one of the main protagonists of the event held in Tenerife.
This year Costa Cruceros has reinforced its offer and relaunched a new way of travelling for Spaniards, giving priority to attention in spanish language, local gastronomy and the entertainment that local consumers enjoy the most. All of this is in line with Costa’s solid commitment to even more sustainable development.
Thanks to this commitment to product innovation and responsible development, the Italian cruise company has been granted three Excellence Awards: "Best Cruise Line for a First Cruise", "Best Value for Money", and "Excellence in Sustainability".
- “Best Cruise Line for a First Cruise”: Customers have always been at the heart of Costa Cruises' strategy. For this reason, the company pays special attention to offering a unique product for its guests. It is worth highlighting the reinforcement of "Sabor Español", where the cruise company has developed a travel experience in which Spanish guests are attended to in their own language, have a variety of traditional gastronomic creations, and entertainment by famous Spanish comedians. In this way, Costa makes the first cruise experience as easy and comfortable as it is unforgettable.
- “Best value for money”: Costa Cruceros always values the cruise product so that the benefit perceived by the consumer is the highest possible, with an innovative product and the highest quality standards. Thus, the Italian company bases its offer on excellence and on creating a unique experience for its customers both on board and on land thanks to elements that combine both high quality gastronomy and longer excursions to discover the "hidden gems" of the destinations it visits.
- "Excellence in Sustainability": This award recognises Costa Cruises' continuous efforts towards sustainable development and collaboration with the communities in which it operates, and specifically rewards two distinct high-impact projects:
- On one hand, the resumption of its food donation project to the Food Bank of Barcelona after the pandemic, applying principles of circular economy to the food prepared and not served on board. This is part of the Costa's wider Food Assistance Program which, since its inception, has distributed over 1.1 million meals to people in need in 15 destinations welcoming our ships.
- on the other hand, the financial support of the Costa Crociere Foundation to Angel Leon's marine grain cultivation project. A "superfood" with great nutritional properties, which could become the "food of the future" for large parts of the planet.
Additionally, in this edition of the Cruise Excellence Awards, the Terminal in the Port of Tenerife operated by Santa Cruz Terminal has also obtained a plaque of recognition from the Port Authority of Tenerife, host of this year’s Event.
Luigi Stefanelli, General Manager of Costa Cruises for Spain, France and Portugal, said: "We are honoured and proud to receive these awards, as they confirm that we are heading in the right direction and that the future of our industry is marked by excellence in service and sustainable development. These awards encourage us to continue working and offering a completely new and personalised way of experiencing cruising and discovering unique destinations around the world”.
About Costa Cruises
Costa Cruises is an Italian cruise company based in Genoa. For over 70 years, Costa ships have been sailing the world's seas offering the best of Italy in terms of true Italian hospitality, design, food and drink and entertainment.
Currently, Costa's fleet has a total of 11 ships in service, all flying the Italian flag. In addition, Costa Cruises is also a symbol of commitment to sustainability. In this regard, and in line with the objectives of the UN Agenda 2030, the company has opened the way to sustainable innovation since 2015 for the entire cruise sector, allowing the inclusion of new technologies and projects to improve the environmental performance of its fleet. An example of this is the introduction in 2019 of the Costa Smeralda, its first ship powered by Liquefied Natural Gas, currently the cleanest fossil fuel. This commitment was reinforced with a new LNG ship in December 2021, the Costa Toscana, the company's new flagship.
With the Costa Crociere Foundation, the Italian company aims to partner with destinations to contribute to the social needs of local communities and create a more sustainable and inclusive tourism. Costa Cruises has a global workforce of around 20,000 employees working on board and in its offices around the world.
For further information:
Costa Cruises - Edelman Press Office
Cristina Baos / María Reig
Tel: 91 556 01 54