Holland America Line Introduces 150th Anniversary 'Heritage Cruises' Celebrating the Brand's Iconic History
Nearly 50 cruises revisit historic ports and feature special onboard experiences
Over the next year, 48 "
"As a beloved company that's been around for 150 years, these special
With a history that spans centuries and continents,
Shipboard display screens will showcase the ports' historical moments, photos and fun facts, while other touches like region-specific drinks and menu items bring the destinations to life on board.
Heritage Cruises Port Spotlights:
Alaska: Sitka, Skagway, Tracy Arm, Juneau, Icy Strait, Ketchikan, Prince Rupert. Northern Europe: Copenhagen, Eidfjord, Ålesund, Geiranger, Bergen, Oslo, Amsterdamand Rotterdam.
Trieste, Naples, Rome, Florence, Dubrovnik, Sarande, Katakolon, Nice, Le Havre, Barcelona, Cartagenaand Lisbon. Caribbean: Half Moon Cay, St. Thomas, Curaçao, San Juan, Oranjestad, Philipsburgand Colon. Hawaii: Hilo, Honolulu, Kona and Maui. Mexico: Ensenada, Mazatlan, Puerto Vallartaand Cabo San Lucas. West Coast: San Diego. South America: Lima, Pisco, La Serena, Santiago, Punta Arenas, Puerto Montt. Australia/ New Zealand: Sydney, Melbourne, Wellington, Auckland, Hobart and Port Chalmers. Panama Canal.
Exclusive Heritage Cruises Experiences
- Dinner menus in the
Dining Roomshowcase Holland America Line'shistory with regional-based Heritage Dishes.
- A Throwback Happy Hour rolls back time and features select drinks priced as low as
- A special Dutch High Tea offers sweets like Oliebollen, Specoolus, mini bossche bollen, Gugelhupf and Tompouce, along with tea sandwiches including smoked salmon on curry bread and chicken sate in peanut sauce on spiced bread.
- Special port fact sheets to showcase fun, historic and unique facts about the Heritage Ports.
- Classic cruise activities and sporting games like Sjoelen turn back the clock, along with anniversary-themed trivia.
150th Anniversary Celebrations on
- A Captain's
Gala Menuone evening in the Dining Roomis a collection of classic dishes, with every option coming from a previous Holland America Linemenu.
- New exclusive Holland America Line "De Lijn" gin follows a western-style flavor profile, capturing the essence of rose and orange, alongside a tinge of lemon verbena and raspberry. De Lijn is featured in three new anniversary cocktails: Dutch 150, 150th Martini and 150th Gin and Tonic.
- HAL Pils, a limited-edition 150th Anniversary Pilsner made in partnership with Pikes Brewing from
Seattle, in a commemorative can.
- "Origin Story" is a visual telling of the company's history from founding through present day. The presentation is offered in the World Stage with LED screens that envelop the audience in an emotional journey.
Mariner Societymembers receive a 150th Anniversary Royal Goedewaagentile.
- Limited-edition, specially designed 150th Anniversary retail items in the shops.
Travelers looking for a commemorative celebration can book the 150th
For more information about
View original content to download multimedia:https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/holland-america-line-introduces-150th-anniversary-heritage-cruises-celebrating-the-brands-iconic-history-301682013.html