Carnival Corporation's Ocean® Guest Experience Platform Recognized with Gold New York Design Award
The New York Design Awards, hosted by the global DRIVENxDESIGN organization, recognized the
The first innovation of its kind in the vacation industry,
"We are thrilled to have our
As the world's first xIoT system, the
The company's xIoT platform currently is transforming vacations for guests sailing on Caribbean Princess from
- Keyless Stateroom Entry: Access to stateroom becomes a seamless experience where each guest is securely validated and the door automatically unlocks, with personalized greetings and loyalty level recognition on the welcome portal.
- OceanNow™: Using smart devices, guests have the ability to place a drink order and have it delivered directly to them in locations throughout the ship and even to their stateroom.
- MedallionPay™: An easy-to-use payment experience, enabling crew members to focus on guest interactions.
- OceanCasino™: On smart devices and select portals, guests can wager real money on games, including slots, poker, bingo, roulette, keno and lottery from anywhere on board.
- OceanCompass™: Leverages the Ocean Medallion to enable point-to-point wayfinding throughout the ship. Ocean Compass guides guests throughout their journey, providing directional information so they can seamlessly navigate to their next point of interest.
- OceanView™: Guests can stream more than 100 hours of award-winning Ocean Original travel content to their smart device anywhere on the ship at no cost. Ocean Original programs air nationally on weekends on
ABCand NBC, and are available on Roku, Amazon Prime and Apple TV.
- PlayOcean™: On portals located shipwide, guests are able to play family games, including trivia, word jumble, a matching game and Ocean Treks Adventure, an interactive, shipwide digital scavenger hunt. PlayOcean also transforms guests' mobile devices into game controllers for interactive gaming on the massive Movies Under the Stars screen.
About Carnival Corporation & plc
Together, the corporation's cruise lines operate 104 ships with 237,000 lower berths visiting over 700 ports around the world, with 21 new ships scheduled to be delivered through 2025. Carnival Corporation & plc also operates Holland America Princess Alaska Tours, the leading tour company in Alaska and the Canadian Yukon. Traded on both the New York and London Stock Exchanges, Carnival Corporation & plc is the only group in the world to be included in both the S&P 500 and the FTSE 100 indices.
In 2017, Fast Company recognized Carnival Corporation as being among the "Top 10 Most Innovative Companies" in both the design and travel categories. Fast Company specifically recognized Carnival Corporation for its work in developing Ocean Medallion™, a high-tech wearable device that enables the world's first interactive guest experience platform capable of transforming vacation travel into a highly personalized and elevated level of customized service.
Additional information can be found on www.carnival.com, www.hollandamerica.com, www.princess.com, www.seabourn.com, www.aida.de, www.costacruise.com, www.cunard.com, www.pocruises.com.au, and www.pocruises.com.
Nytec is an award-winning, integrated consulting firm with over 40 years of proven success turning ideas into real, first-of-a-kind, lifestyle technology products for tier-one global and Fortune 500 companies. Focused on hospitality, IoT, oil and gas, smart cities and wearable technologies, Nytec's world-class designers, engineers, and manufacturing experts specialize in translating complex problems, anchored around delivering the ultimate user experience into compelling, simple solutions that span hardware, software and services. http://www.Nytec.com +1.425.968.5715.
Roger Frizzell, Carnival Corporation, email@example.com; (305) 406-7862; Mike Flanagan, LDWW, firstname.lastname@example.org, (727) 452-4538; Vicki Johnson, Carnival Corporation, email@example.com, (407) 340-9658; Nytec, Inc. Media Contact, Heidi Groshelle, Groshelle Communications, firstname.lastname@example.org, (415) 307-1380