Seabourn Odyssey Shines For Guests With Extensive Design, Technological Updates
SEATTLE, July 9, 2019 – Seabourn, the world's finest ultra-luxury travel experience, has recently completed a multi-million-dollar renovation of Seabourn Odyssey, refreshing the look and feel of the vessel with open and airy interiors, modern technology updates, and rich contemporary furnishings that give the ship a completely fresh feel.
The renovation, completed in Genoa, Italy in May, included extensive work to thoughtfully update many public and guest areas throughout the ship.
"Seabourn Odyssey came out of its most extensive refit period to date recently," said Gerald Mosslinger, vice president of Hotel Operations for Seabourn, "and the response of our guests, both repeaters and first-timers, is likely to garner the same impression: the ship is even more stunning and beautiful."
Enhancements become visible as soon as a guest walks into Seabourn Square, the communal hub of any Seabourn ship, with new high-end furniture, lighting and a whimsical carpet design in rich neutral tones.
The play of sophisticated color and relaxed comfort continues in The Club, where patterned carpet with lapis blue lines plays off elegantly toned lounge chairs and refreshed banquettes that convey refinement and spaciousness throughout. In The Restaurant, a mouth-watering selection of the finest cuisine is presented in a rich, yet understated elegance realized in handsome toffee-toned woods, creamy caramel accents, and dramatic sheer curtains while new carpet shows off an intricate pattern that feels equally contemporary and timeless.
In the Card Room, new chairs upholstered in a geometrically-patterned velvet are arranged around new card tables, with dark grey carpet providing a contemporary backdrop.
Guest suites have also seen significant updates, with Veranda Suites now showing new stone tops on the bedside cabinet and credenza, joined by a new table, designer bedding soft goods, and sofa pillows. Premium Suites highlight dramatic updates with new furniture and a new color palate throughout the entire range of top-end accommodations on Seabourn ships that rival the finest hotels in the world.
Entertainment and technology systems also received a number of updates during the refurbishment. New televisions are now installed in all guest suites, integrated with an interactive new high-definition TV system that features added channels such as BBC HD, HGTV, The Food Network, and The Travel Channel. New internet optimization technologies have been installed to help improve overall guest experience across the ship. All suites have USB 2.0 outlets on the nightstand, perfect for charging personal devices with ease. Wireless access points have been added to every guest suite and boosted in public areas, which improves overall access to the internet throughout the ship, while additional updates to the network improves overall service.
Whatever the season, Seabourn represents the pinnacle of ultra-luxury travel with intimate ships offering key elements that set the line apart: spacious, thoughtfully appointed suites, many with verandas and all 100% ocean front; superb dining in a choice of venues; complimentary premium spirits and fine wines available on board at all times; award-winning service and a relaxed, sociable atmosphere that makes guests feel right at home on board. The ships travel the globe to many of the world's most desirable destinations, including marquee cities, UNESCO World Heritage Sites, and lesser-known ports and hideaways.
For reservations or more details, please contact a professional travel advisor; call Seabourn at 1-800-929-9391 or visit www.seabourn.com.
Seabourn currently operates a fleet of five modern ultra-luxury ships and is a proud member of World's Leading Cruise Lines. The exclusive alliance also includes Carnival Cruise Lines, Holland America Line, Princess Cruises, Cunard Line, Costa Cruises, AIDA, P&O Cruises UK, P&O Cruises Australia and fathom. Seabourn is a brand of Carnival Corporation and plc (NYSE/LSE: CCL and NYSE: CUK). Seabourn is the official cruise partner of UNESCO World Heritage under a multi-year agreement to help promote sustainable tourism at World Heritage sites around the world.
Notes to Editors:
Seabourn is consistently ranked among the world's top travel choices by professional critics and the discerning readers of prestigious travel publications such as Departures, Travel + Leisure and Condé Nast Traveler. Its stylish, distinctive expedition cruising vacations are known for:
· Intimate ships with a private club atmosphere
· Intuitive, personalized service provided by staff passionate about exceeding guests expectations
· Curated voyages to all seven continents delivering award-winning experiences
· All ocean front suites, luxuriously appointed
· Complimentary premium spirits and fine wines available on board at all times
· Welcome Champagne and complimentary in-suite bar stocked with your preferences
· Tipping is neither required, nor expected
· Finest resort at sea that is masterfully designed
· World-class dining, further enhanced through a culinary partnership with Chef Thomas Keller
· All dining venues are complimentary, dine where, when and with whom you wish
· Seabourn Conversations, connecting with visionary experts
· Ventures by Seabourn, optional shore excursions, enhance and extend destination experiences in select destinations.
· Select purposeful and sustainable travel experiences in partnership with UNESCO
· Spa & Wellness by Dr. Andrew Weil, featuring an exclusive mindful living program
· An evening entertainment experience in collaboration with Sir Tim Rice, produced exclusively by Belinda King Creative Productions.· Committed to environmental stewardship and sustainability