Seabourn Delivers Expansive 2018 Season With New Marquee Ports in Europe
Guests will enjoy experiences in 175 destinations, along with the highly anticipated launch of Seabourn Ovation
February 7, 2018 - Seabourn, the world's finest ultra-luxury travel
experience, is gearing up to allow guests to immerse themselves in the best of
Europe in 2018. Following the launch of the line's newest ship, Seabourn Ovation, in May this year, travelers
will be able to enjoy an expanded menu of more than 41 individual departures.
Across the fleet, four of Seabourn's five ships will visit more than 175
different European destinations on cruises spanning seven to 45 days. From the
Aegean and the Greek Isles in the east, to the grand cities and picturesque
harbors of the Western Mediterranean, there is something in store for every
type of traveler.
"Seabourn has always
been welcomed warmly in Europe, and guests will see a variety of opportunities
to experience the many natural and cultural wonders across the continent,"
said Richard Meadows, president of Seabourn. "With the launch of Seabourn
Ovation, added overnight stays, and select itineraries enhanced with
special onboard programming and optional for-charge Ventures by Seabourn
expeditions in Northern Europe on select voyages, there will be more of those
opportunities this year than ever before."
The 2018 season in Europe
will offer more than a dozen new and notable ports of call that Seabourn either
hasn't previously visited or hasn't been back to in years, including Hamburg,
Wismar and Bremerhaven, Germany; Szczecin, Poland; Turku, Finland; Rijeka,
Croatia; Tasiilaq, Skjoldungen Fjord, and Maniitsoq, Greenland; and Seydisfjordur,
Djupivogur, Grundarfjordur and Siglufjodur, Iceland.
In recent years, travelers
have increasingly begun to discover the natural splendors and Viking history
concentrated in Iceland and Greenland. These remote destinations are never more
appealing than in summer, when massive populations of migrant birds and other
wildlife gather in the long, lingering sunlight. Seabourn has laid out
brand-new itineraries for Seabourn Quest this summer, taking full advantage of
the region's unspoiled grandeur with a veteran expedition team of naturalists
and other experts that includes Dr. Colleen Batey, an archaeologist
specializing in the area's rich indigenous and Viking legacies.
Meanwhile, new and not-to-be
missed highlights for Seabourn ships in Europe include:
- Seabourn Ovation will spend most of its maiden season in the waters of Northern Europe following the ship's launch in May 2018, exploring the Baltic, Scandinavia and the United Kingdom. The ship will offer a series of seven-day Baltic and Scandinavian cruises between Copenhagen and Stockholm, which will include the line's signature three-day stay in St. Petersburg, Russia. Seabourn Ovation will also sail on longer 14-day voyages, visiting the majestic Norwegian fjords and British Isles, as well as a unique 14-day spring voyage from Amsterdam to Copenhagen, with overnight stays in Hamburg and Stockholm. Guests on the August 4, 2018 itinerary will also have the chance to book a shore excursion, including a limited number of VIP seats, to see the world-famous Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo, a truly unforgettable evening experience.
- Seabourn Quest will debut a series of 15-day voyages between Dover, Reykjavik and Copenhagen featuring adventurous optional Ventures by Seabourn expedition-style excursions in select destinations.
- Seabourn Encore will sail a high-summer series of 7 to 11 day sailings, including 7-day itineraries between Rome and Barcelona visiting marquee ports and hidden harbors along the French and Italian Rivieras.
- Seabourn Odyssey will explore the Adriatic and Aegean Seas from Venice to Athens during summer, with visits to UNESCO World Heritage Sites at nearly every port of call.
Noteworthy voyages include:
- Viking Ventures: Three voyages on Seabourn Quest, all with engaging itineraries including robust optional for-charge Ventures by Seabourn expedition style excursion programming:
- 15-Day British Isles & Iceland (May 17-June 1) - Depart Dover to take in ports throughout the United Kingdom including Bristol (Bath) England; Milford Haven, Wales; Douglas on Isle of Man; Belfast, Northern Ireland; and Greenock (Glasgow), Oban, Fort William, and Portree (Isle of Skye), Scotland. The cruise will then head into the North Atlantic to explore Seydisfjordur, Djupivogur, Heimaey and Grundarfjordur, Iceland.
- 15-Day Iceland & North Cape Quest (June 1-16) - Board in Reykjavik and head out to four Icelandic ports including Vigur, Isafjordur, Akureyri and Siglufjorour. Following two days at sea, the ship will arrive in Norway with stops at Tromso, Storstappen Island, Honningsvag, Hammerfest, Harstad, Bronnoysund, Stavanger and Arendal, including a day of scenic cruising along the North Cape. Wind up in Denmark with visits to Arhus and Copenhagen.
- 15-Day Norway & Northern Isles (June 16-July 1) - Departing from Copenhagen, the ship will visit Aalborg, Denmark, and then head to Norway with stops at Kristiansand, Rosendal, Ulvik, Eidfjord, Bergen and Skjolden. A day at sea will wind up at Runavik, Faroe, followed by the Isle of Noss and Lerwick in the Shetland Islands; Copinsay Island, Kirkwall and Ullapool in Scotland; and Newcastle upon Tyne, Great Yarmouth and Dover in England.
- Extended Arctic Crossing: Seabourn Quest will offer an ambitious adventure through the north. The ship's 45-Day Atlantic Isles Quest (July 16-August 30) will depart Dover (London), England, bound for Montreal, Quebec, Canada, with many destinations in between, including Skomer Island, Wales; Douglas, Isle of Man; Rothesay, Isle of Bute, Scotland; scenic cruising of Boreay & Stac Lee; Copinsay Island, Kirkwall, and Isle of Noss in Scotland; Lerwick in the Shetland Islands and Torshavn in the Faroe Islands. There will be six ports of call in Iceland; eight ports in Greenland including Tasiilaq, Skjoldungen Fjord, Nuuk (Godthab) and Sisimiut (Holsteinsborg); and two full weeks of cruising along the Atlantic edge of Canada with highlights including Monumental Island in Nunavut, Happy Valley-Goose Bay, Red Bay in Labrador; the Gulf of St. Lawrence, and Quebec City. Segments of this voyage are also available: a 21-Day sailing from Dover to Reykjavik, and a 24-Day sailing from Reykjavik to Montreal.
- Coastal Voyages from the Mediterranean to Northern Europe:
- 15-Day Gems of Iberia & France (May 2-17) - Start deep in the Mediterranean at Barcelona, Spain and circle the Iberian Peninsula bound for England aboard Seabourn Quest. Ports will include Valencia, Ibiza, Malaga, Cadiz (Seville) and Vigo, Spain; Portimao, Lisbon, and Leixoes (Porto), Portugal; two days at the dazzling "City of Light," Rouen (Paris), plus a day of scenic cruising on the Seine River before visiting Cherbourg (Normandy) and a final stop in Dover (London).
- 14-Day Vintage Europe (May 26-June 9) - This two-week voyage aboard Seabourn Ovation will head north from Lisbon with stops at Gijon and Bilbao, Spain; Hendaye (Biarritz), Bordeaux, La Rochelle and a day cruising the Gironde Estuary in France; St. Marys in the Isles of Scilly and Dartmouth in England; Zeebrugge (Brussels), Belgium; and Vlissingen (Flushing), before arriving in Ijmuiden (Amsterdam), Netherlands.
Seabourn represents the pinnacle of ultra-luxury travel with
intimate ships offering key elements that set the line apart: spacious,
thoughtfully appointed suites, many with verandas and all 100% ocean front;
superb dining in a choice of venues; complimentary premium spirits and fine
wines available on board at all times; award-winning service and a relaxed,
sociable atmosphere that makes guests feel right at home on board. The ships
travel the globe to many of the world's most desirable destinations, including
marquee cities, UNESCO World Heritage Sites, and lesser-known ports and
Guests who sail on Seabourn will continue to find a number of
innovative offerings and programs, including partnerships with a select group
of companies and individuals whose dedication to superior quality, exceptional
service and consistent customer satisfaction matches Seabourn. These programs
include 'An Evening with Tim Rice',
the new evening entertainment experience created exclusively for the line in
association with Belinda King Creative Productions; Spa and Wellness with Dr. Andrew Weil, offering guests a
holistic spa and wellness experience that integrates physical, social,
environmental and spiritual well-being; and The Grill by Thomas Keller, reminiscent of the classic
American restaurant from the 50's and 60's. Exclusive to Seabourn, The Grill is
a unique culinary concept for Chef Keller, focusing on updated versions of
iconic dishes. Guests will be treated to table-side preparations of Caesar
salad and ice cream sundaes, as well as a range of other favorites like premium
steaks, whole roasted chicken, and Lobster Thermidor, presented à la carte.
For more information or reservations, contact a travel professional, call Seabourn at 1-800-929-9391 or visit www.seabourn.com.