Carnival Cruise Line Expands 'Carnival Journeys' Program With 13 Additional Voyages Departing In 2018-19
The new voyages are in addition to a number of previously announced nine-to 15-day Carnival Journeys cruises departing in 2017-18.
In addition to visiting some of the world's most beautiful destinations, guests sailing on Carnival Journeys cruises can participate in unique on-board activities where they can sample local cuisine and enjoy entertainment and cultural opportunities within the various ports of call. Activities focusing on a broad range of topics – everything from photography and cooking to arts and crafts and social media – along with a 1980s-themed "Throwback Sea Day," are also offered.
"Our Carnival Journeys cruises have proven enormously popular with guests who enjoy both unforgettable landside experiences and one-of-a-kind onboard enrichment activities that this unique program offers," said
The 13 new Carnival Journeys voyages include:
- Carnival Splendor: a 14-day
Alaskacruise round-trip from Long Beach Aug. 25 to Sept. 8, 2018, visiting Hubbard Glacier, Icy Strait Point, Ketchikan, Skagway, Juneauand Sitka, Alaska, as well as Victoria, British Columbia.
- Carnival Breeze: a 14-day
Southern Caribbeanvoyage departing Galveston Sept. 16and arriving in Port Canaveral Sept. 30, 2018, calling at Grand Cayman, Aruba, Curacao, Grenada, Barbados, Dominicaand St Maarten.
- Carnival Splendor: three 14-day
Hawaiicruises round-trip from Long Beachdeparting Oct. 13, 2018, Dec. 1, 2018, and Jan. 12, 2019, visiting Maui( Kahului), Honolulu, Kona and Hilo.
- Carnival Freedom: a 14-day
Panama Canalvoyage round-trip from Galveston Oct. 27-Nov. 10, 2018, visiting Montego Bay, Aruba, Curacao, and Cartagenaprior to a partial transit of the Panama Canalfollowed by Limon( Costa Rica) and Cozumel.
- Carnival Breeze: a 14-day
Southern Caribbeanvoyage operating round-trip from Port Canaveral Nov. 3-17, 2018, with stops at St Thomas, Antigua, St Lucia, Grenada, Barbados, St. Maarten, Tortola, and San Juan.
- Carnival Pride: a 14-day
Southern Caribbeancruise round-trip from Baltimore Nov. 4-18, 2018, calling at Grand Turk, Aruba, Curacao, Barbados, St. Luciaand St. Maarten.
- Carnival Ecstasy: a 12-day
Southern Caribbeancruise round trip from Charleston Nov. 10-22, 2018, featuring Amber Cove, Aruba, Curacao, St Maartenand San Juan.
- Carnival Miracle: a 14-day
Panama Canalvoyage round-trip from Tampa Dec. 2-16, 2018, visiting Cozumeland Limonprior to a partial transit of the Panama Canalfollowed by Cartagena, Aruba, Curacaoand Ocho Rios.
- Carnival Pride: 14-day
Southern Caribbeanvoyage round-trip from Baltimore Jan. 6-20, 2019, visiting St Thomas, Antigua, Grenada, Dominica, St. Maarten, San Juanand Grand Turk.
- Carnival Sunshine: a 13-day
Southern Caribbeancruise round-trip from Port Canaveral, Fla., Jan. 12-25, 2019, calling at Aruba, Curacao, St. Maarten, St. Kitts, San Juanand Amber Cove( Dominican Republic).
- Carnival Freedom: a 14-day
Southern Caribbeansailing round-trip from Galveston Jan 19-Feb. 2, 2019, featuring Grand Cayman, Aruba, Bonaire, and Cartagenaprior to a partial transit of the Panama Canalfollowed by Limonand Cozumel.
Carnival Journeys activities are tailored to each itinerary in the areas of dining, entertainment, team member connections and enrichment, all infused with the line's spirited brand of fun. These experiences include:
Authentic Eats: Partnering with local restaurants and chefs, Carnival Journeys participants enjoy on-board cooking demonstrations where these culinary artists will recreate their signature dishes and traditional cuisines from their country. Participants also have an opportunity to dine at the chef's restaurant ashore for a nominal fee and accompany the chef as he or she visits local markets for delectable regional specialties.
- "Local"-tainment: From calypso, soca and Goombay to colorful folkloric entertainment, Carnival Journeys participants will get an up-close-and-personal look at their destination through local entertainment performances taking place outside the ship or on board.
Academy of Fun: Through these educational enrichment sessions, Carnival's shipboard experts instruct guests in topics ranging from cooking and arts and crafts to digital photography and social media. All of these activities are performed with the fun and entertaining style that only Carnival can provide.
- Throwback Sea Day: Carnival sets the "way back machine" to 1987 and recreates a fun day at sea with retro pool and deck games, old school dining options like Baked Alaska and the gala midnight buffet, a white glove Captain's Celebration, popular movies from that era, a circa 1987 version of the Carnival Capers shipboard newsletter, and more.
- Shipboard Team Member Connections: Here, Carnival Journeys participants can learn more about shipboard life through informative question and answer sessions hosted by the ship's captain, cruise director, hotel director and others, held at different times throughout the voyage and providing an opportunity to engage and interact with the Carnival team in a fun and casual setting. There is also an unforgettable show performed by the ship's crew during the voyage.
Additional Information and Reservations
For additional information and reservations for any of the line's departures, contact any travel agent, call 1-800-CARNIVAL or visit carnival.com.
Carnival can also be found on:
Carnival, a unit of
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/carnival-cruise-line-expands-carnival-journeys-program-with-13-additional-voyages-departing-in-2018-19-300410739.html
MEDIA CONTACTS: Vance Gulliksen/Robyn Fink, 305-406-5464 - phone, email@example.com