Carnival Cruise Line Announces Major Dry Dock Makeover For Carnival Triumph, Leading To Renaming As Carnival Sunrise
Following a renaming ceremony, Carnival Sunrise will re-enter service with a series of five- to seven-day voyages from
"The introduction of Carnival Sunrise will provide our guests with an array of exciting dining, bar and entertainment choices. The new Carnival Sunrise is part of our multi-billion-dollar ship enhancement program that is transforming our fleet on an unprecedented scale," said
Carnival Sunrise enhancements include the redesign of two luxurious Captain's Suites adjacent to the navigational bridge offering floor-to-ceiling windows and extended balcony grand suites. All of the ship's staterooms will be updated to offer island-inspired interiors with bright colors and soothing pastels inspired by the line's
Food Glorious Food!
- Cucina del Capitano: offering delicious Italian favorites and new Carnival classics served family-style in an engaging atmosphere reminiscent of a cozy Italian home.
- JavaBlue Café: this expanded version of the line's popular coffee bars will offer lattes, cappuccinos and other caffeinated favorites, as well as "spiked" coffees made with liqueurs, and decadent confections.
- Fahrenheit 555 Steakhouse: a classic American steakhouse offering mouth-watering steaks, gourmet appetizers, entrees and desserts, with impeccable service and understated ambiance.
- Bonsai Express: the success of the full-service Bonsai Sushi restaurants has spawned this casual spot, featuring a mouth-watering array of sushi, sashimi, rolls and more.
- The Chef's Table: a new multi-course dining experience hosted in a special glass-enclosed venue in the forward dining room.
- Cherry on Top: The "sweetest spot on board," an expanded Cherry on Top features bulk candy, fanciful gifts, custom apparel and a Carnival Adventures shop.
- Guy's Pig & Anchor Bar-B-Que Smokehouse: a casual open-air eatery featuring "real deal" BBQ favorites created by
Food Networkstar Guy Fieri.
- Lido Marketplace: A casual poolside eatery boasting favorites like Seafood Shack offering lobster rolls and other
New England-inspired fare; The Deli with sandwiches and paninis; Pizzeria del Capitano serving hand-tossed artisanal-style pies free of charge 24/7, and an expanded Swirls venue with complimentary ice cream and frozen yogurt.
Raising the Bar
- RedFrog Pub: Featuring the
Caribbean'sbest rums and beers – including Carnival's own ThirstyFrog Red – enjoyed in a distinct British-West-Indies-meets- Key-Westatmosphere.
- Piano Bar 88: A new twist on Carnival's popular piano bar concept that amps up the excitement with themed nights, engaging new décor and spontaneous sing-along fun
Limelight Lounge: Home to the Punchliner Comedy Club featuring a hilarious line-up of comics which later transforms into a sizzling night club where guests can dance the night away. New Multi-Purpose Liquid Lounge: an expansive theater that's home to captivating daytime and nighttime entertainment, including the line's high-tech Playlist Productionsrevues and audience participation favorite Hasbro, The Game Show.
Open-Air Fun and Relaxation
- SportSquare: A suspended ropes course offering heart-racing views to the sea 150 feet below, basketball court, jogging track, ping pong, foosball, pool tables, and a nine-hole miniature golf course highlight this open-area recreation complex.
- WaterWorks: Featuring a 203-foot-long AquaTunnel slide and Carnival's signature 212-foot-long Twister slide along with a 75-gallon PowerDrencher tipping bucket and kiddie area.
- Serenity Adult Only Retreat: An adult only oasis offering plush chaise lounges, whirlpools and oversized umbrellas, enhanced by dramatic sea views.
Expanded Cloud 9 Spa and More
- Cloud 9 Spa: Designed as the ultimate refuge for rest and relaxation, the health and wellness center offers an elaborate thermal suite, private treatment rooms, and the latest cardio and weight-training equipment.
- Modern, Spacious Facilities for Kids and Teens: including a new
Camp Ocean, a colorful marine-inspired play area designed for kids ages 2-11, along with new spaces for Circle "C" aimed at 12- to 14-year olds and Club O2 geared to those 15-17.
- The Warehouse: promising fun for all ages with a variety of the latest video and arcade games.
- Expanded Retail Spaces: a mall-style shopping area lined with retail outlets offering fine jewelry, watches, fragrances, and more along with the line's own branded spaces like
Hip Fish and The Carnival Store.
"These new dining spaces and features complement many of Carnival's signature food and beverage outlets that were added during previous renovations, including Guy's Burger Joint developed in tandem with
Carnival Sunrise's Inaugural Season from
Carnival Sunrise's inaugural schedule from
The ship will then reposition to
Carnival Sunrise will then reposition to
Carnival Sunrise's departures from
View original content with multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/carnival-cruise-line-announces-major-dry-dock-makeover-for-carnival-triumph-leading-to-renaming-as-carnival-sunrise-300689215.html
MEDIA CONTACTS: Vance Gulliksen/Robyn Fink, email@example.com or +1-305-406-5464