MIAMI, July 31, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Carnival Cruise Line today revealed plans for a nearly $200 million bow-to-stern makeover for Carnival Triumph in the spring of 2019 that will include renaming the ship to reflect its significant transformation. The ship will join Carnival's Sunshine Class and will be named Carnival Sunrise after a two-month-long refurbishment that will take place in Cadiz, Spain, starting March 1. The dry dock makeover will add all of Carnival's wildly popular branded food, beverage and entertainment innovations, as well as update all staterooms in a broad spectrum of new accommodations providing guests fresh and exciting seagoing vacation choices.
Following a renaming ceremony, Carnival Sunrise will re-enter service with a series of five- to seven-day voyages from Norfolk, Va., beginning April 29, 2019, a summer schedule of four- to 14-day departures from New York commencing May 23, 2019, then move to Fort Lauderdale in October.
"The introduction of Carnival Sunrise will provide our guests with an array of exciting dining, bar and entertainment choices. The new Carnival Sunrise is part of our multi-billion-dollar ship enhancement program that is transforming our fleet on an unprecedented scale," said Christine Duffy, president of Carnival Cruise Line.
Carnival Sunrise enhancements include the redesign of two luxurious Captain's Suites adjacent to the navigational bridge offering floor-to-ceiling windows and extended balcony grand suites. All of the ship's staterooms will be updated to offer island-inspired interiors with bright colors and soothing pastels inspired by the line's Caribbean itineraries. Other new features will include:
Food Glorious Food!
- Cucina del Capitano: offering delicious Italian favorites and new Carnival classics served family-style in an engaging atmosphere reminiscent of a cozy Italian home.
- JavaBlue Café: this expanded version of the line's popular coffee bars will offer lattes, cappuccinos and other caffeinated favorites, as well as "spiked" coffees made with liqueurs, and decadent confections.
- Fahrenheit 555 Steakhouse: a classic American steakhouse offering mouth-watering steaks, gourmet appetizers, entrees and desserts, with impeccable service and understated ambiance.
- Bonsai Express: the success of the full-service Bonsai Sushi restaurants has spawned this casual spot, featuring a mouth-watering array of sushi, sashimi, rolls and more.
- The Chef's Table: a new multi-course dining experience hosted in a special glass-enclosed venue in the forward dining room.
- Cherry on Top: The "sweetest spot on board," an expanded Cherry on Top features bulk candy, fanciful gifts, custom apparel and a Carnival Adventures shop.
- Guy's Pig & Anchor Bar-B-Que Smokehouse: a casual open-air eatery featuring "real deal" BBQ favorites created by Food Network star Guy Fieri.
- Lido Marketplace: A casual poolside eatery boasting favorites like Seafood Shack offering lobster rolls and other New England-inspired fare; The Deli with sandwiches and paninis; Pizzeria del Capitano serving hand-tossed artisanal-style pies free of charge 24/7, and an expanded Swirls venue with complimentary ice cream and frozen yogurt.
Raising the Bar
- RedFrog Pub: Featuring the Caribbean's best rums and beers – including Carnival's own ThirstyFrog Red – enjoyed in a distinct British-West-Indies-meets-Key-West atmosphere.
- Piano Bar 88: A new twist on Carnival's popular piano bar concept that amps up the excitement with themed nights, engaging new décor and spontaneous sing-along fun
- Limelight Lounge: Home to the Punchliner Comedy Club featuring a hilarious line-up of comics which later transforms into a sizzling night club where guests can dance the night away.
- New Multi-Purpose Liquid Lounge: an expansive theater that's home to captivating daytime and nighttime entertainment, including the line's high-tech Playlist Productions revues and audience participation favorite Hasbro, The Game Show.
Open-Air Fun and Relaxation
- SportSquare: A suspended ropes course offering heart-racing views to the sea 150 feet below, basketball court, jogging track, ping pong, foosball, pool tables, and a nine-hole miniature golf course highlight this open-area recreation complex.
- WaterWorks: Featuring a 203-foot-long AquaTunnel slide and Carnival's signature 212-foot-long Twister slide along with a 75-gallon PowerDrencher tipping bucket and kiddie area.
- Serenity Adult Only Retreat: An adult only oasis offering plush chaise lounges, whirlpools and oversized umbrellas, enhanced by dramatic sea views.
Expanded Cloud 9 Spa and More
- Cloud 9 Spa: Designed as the ultimate refuge for rest and relaxation, the health and wellness center offers an elaborate thermal suite, private treatment rooms, and the latest cardio and weight-training equipment.
- Modern, Spacious Facilities for Kids and Teens: including a new Camp Ocean, a colorful marine-inspired play area designed for kids ages 2-11, along with new spaces for Circle "C" aimed at 12- to 14-year olds and Club O2 geared to those 15-17.
- The Warehouse: promising fun for all ages with a variety of the latest video and arcade games.
- Expanded Retail Spaces: a mall-style shopping area lined with retail outlets offering fine jewelry, watches, fragrances, and more along with the line's own branded spaces like Hip Fish and The Carnival Store.
"These new dining spaces and features complement many of Carnival's signature food and beverage outlets that were added during previous renovations, including Guy's Burger Joint developed in tandem with Guy Fieri," said Gus Antorcha, Carnival's chief operating officer, who has led the reimagination of Carnival Sunrise and many other ships in the fleet. "Carnival's investments are part of an overall plan that is raising the bar on ship amenities and features, itineraries and offshore excursions that our guests are loving."
Carnival Sunrise's Inaugural Season from Norfolk, New York and Fort Lauderdale
Carnival Sunrise's inaugural schedule from Norfolk kicks off with a seven-day cruise departing the Half Moone Cruise Center visiting Grand Turk, the private island of Half Moon Cay and Freeport departing April 29, 2019. A pair of five-day voyages departs May 12 and 17, 2019 calling at Nassau and Freeport and three six-day cruises departing May 6, and Oct. 14 and 20, 2019, visiting Half Moon Cay, Nassau and Freeport.
The ship will then reposition to New York for a series of four- to 14-day voyages beginning May 23, 2019. The program includes four- to eight-day Bermuda cruises, including long weekend sailings to the island departing Thursdays and returning Mondays, along with seven-day fall foliage cruises to New England and the Canadian Maritimes, and two different eight-day Caribbean itineraries with stops at the region's top destinations. Several longer voyages will also be offered, including a 10-day exotic eastern Caribbean itinerary and a 14-day Carnival Journeys Panama Canal cruise highlighted by local dining and entertainment experiences and unique shipboard enrichment activities.
Carnival Sunrise will then reposition to Fort Lauderdale for four- and five-day cruises beginning Oct. 28, 2019. Four-day long weekend cruises will call at tropical ports like Half Moon Cay, Princess Cays, Grand Turk and Nassau, while five-day cruises will visit Cuba, as well as seaside destinations in The Bahamas, Jamaica, Grand Cayman and Grand Turk.
Carnival Sunrise's departures from Norfolk, New York and Fort Lauderdale are currently open for reservations. To learn more about Carnival Cruise Line or to make a reservation, visit Carnival.com, call 1-800-CARNIVAL, or contact any travel agent. Follow us on: Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter and YouTube
About Carnival Cruise Line
Carnival Cruise Line, part of Carnival Corporation & plc (NYSE/LSE: CCL; NYSE: CUK), is "The World's Most Popular Cruise Line®" with 26 ships operating three- to 24-day voyages to The Bahamas, Caribbean, Mexican Riviera, Alaska, Hawaii, Canada, New England, Bermuda, Cuba, Australia, New Zealand, the Pacific Islands and Southeast Asia. The line currently has three new ships scheduled for delivery – the 133,500-ton Carnival Panorama set to debut in 2019 and two as-yet-unnamed 180,000-ton ships in 2020 and 2022.
View original content with multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/carnival-cruise-line-announces-major-dry-dock-makeover-for-carnival-triumph-leading-to-renaming-as-carnival-sunrise-300689215.html
SOURCE Carnival Cruise Line
MEDIA CONTACTS: Vance Gulliksen/Robyn Fink, email@example.com or +1-305-406-5464