SEATTLE, July 23, 2018 – Seabourn, the world’s finest ultra-luxury cruise line, is inviting travelers to enjoy this year’s holiday season alongside family and friends aboard all Seabourn ships. Those on board will celebrate the holidays in different regions around the world with festive onboard events, an array of gourmet culinary offerings, and celebratory programming across the entire fleet.
Each of the five ships in the Seabourn fleet – including the new Seabourn Ovation – will be sailing through the last weeks of December, with Christmas, Hanukkah, and New Year’s festivities scheduled in desirable ports of call and at sea.
“The holidays are the most wonderful time of year to be together with family and what better way to share that time than traveling together on the world’s finest ultra-luxury resort at sea,” noted Chris Austin, Seabourn’s senior vice president of Global Marketing & Sales. “We’re excited about this year’s holiday offerings, which will combine a festive atmosphere, onboard events, and appealing destinations that are just right for celebrating the season. With five ships and cherished destinations to choose from, Seabourn should be on everyone’s holiday wish list.”
There are several ways guests can get in the holiday spirit with Seabourn. Each holiday cruise is complete with everything to make each guest feel right at home onboard. Kicking off the season will be Thanksgiving, when guests can enjoy a traditional turkey dinner, prepared by the ship’s Executive Chef and highly skilled culinary team. From there travelers can celebrate Christmas and Hanukkah as the ship transforms into a holiday wonderland with gingerbread village displays and evergreen hangings draped from railings and balusters. The season comes to a close with a toast to 2019 as guests dress in formal wear for a New Year’s Eve affair to reflect on the memories of the past year and look to the new one ahead.
Details on Seabourn’s Holiday sailings for the 2018 season ahead include the following:
- 36-Day Holiday Australian Exploration (December 11-January 16) – Travel the southern and western coasts of Australia aboard Seabourn Sojourn, departing Sydney and stopping at various destinations including Flinders Island, Penneshaw, Fremantle (Perth), Hunter River, Darwin and more. Christmas Day will be enjoyed at sea, while New Year’s Day will arrive in Broome. The holiday journey will also take in Komodo Island and other destinations in Indonesia before arrival in Singapore. This voyage is also available in two segments with a 16-day itinerary departing from Sydney on December 11 and a 20-day itinerary departing from Perth on December 27.
- 24-Day Holiday Antarctica, Patagonia & South Georgia (December 20-January 13) – Set sail for as far from the North Pole as one can get with this adventure to the Great White South. After departing Buenos Aires, guests of Seabourn Quest will spend Christmas Eve at sea and Christmas Day at South Georgia, and will ring in the new year in Antarctica. There will be plenty more to enjoy after returning to South America including scenic cruising of Canal Sarmiento, El Brujo Glacier, Chilean Fjords and the Gulf of Corcovado in Chile before arriving at San Antonio (Santiago).
- 16-Day Holiday Australia & New Zealand (December 21-January 6) – After setting sail from Sydney and spending a lovely Christmas Eve in Melbourne, Australia, guests will celebrate Christmas Day at sea aboard Seabourn Encore en route to the southern and eastern coasts of New Zealand. Destinations include Milford Sound, Fiordland National Park, Akaroa (Christchurch) on New Year’s Eve, Kaikoura on New Year’s Day, Queen Charlotte Sound, and more before arriving at Auckland.
- 7-Day Holiday Yachtsman’s Caribbean (December 22-December 29) – Have limited time to spare for the holidays? This weeklong cruise in the sparkling Caribbean aboard Seabourn Odyssey is a great way to get in the spirit, with departure from Philipsburg, Sint Maarten to Carambola Beach, Saint Kitts and Nevis; Christmas Eve at Road Bay, Anguilla; Christmas Day at St. Johns, Antigua and Barbuda, and more. Following arrival at Bridgetown, Barbados, guests will have plenty of time get home – or board another Seabourn cruise and celebrate the New Year!
- 14-Day Holiday Thailand & Vietnam (December 22-January 5) – The first-ever holiday cruise of the maiden season on the line’s newest ship is going to be a good one. Board Seabourn Ovation in Singapore and head north for Christmas Eve at sea and Christmas Day at Laem Chabang (Bangkok), Thailand. Then travel on to Cambodia and Vietnam, with two days in Ho Chi Minh City before celebrating New Year’s Eve at sea, and New Year’s Day at Da Nang (Hue), Vietnam. A day in Halong Bay, Vietnam, will follow before arrival at glimmering Hong Kong.
Seabourn represents the pinnacle of ultra-luxury travel with intimate ships offering key elements that set the line apart: spacious, thoughtfully appointed suites, many with verandas and all 100% ocean front; superb dining in a choice of venues; complimentary premium spirits and fine wines available on board at all times; award-winning service and a relaxed, sociable atmosphere that makes guests feel right at home on board. The ships travel the globe to many of the world’s most desirable destinations, including marquee cities, UNESCO World Heritage Sites, and lesser-known ports and hideaways.
For more information or reservations, contact a travel professional, call Seabourn at 1-800-929-9391 or visit www.seabourn.com.
Find Seabourn on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and Pinterest.
Notes to Editors:
Seabourn is consistently ranked among the world's top travel choices by professional critics and the discerning readers of prestigious travel publications such as Departures, Travel + Leisure and Condé Nast Traveler. Its stylish, distinctive cruising vacations are renowned for:
- Intimate ships with a private club atmosphere
- Intuitive, personalized service provided by staff passionate about exceeding guests expectations
- Curated voyages to all seven continents delivering award-winning experiences
- All ocean front suites, luxuriously appointed
- Complimentary premium spirits and fine wines available on board at all times
- Welcome Champagne and complimentary in-suite bar stocked with your preferences
- Tipping is neither required, nor expected
- Finest resort at sea that is masterfully designed
- World-class dining, further enhanced through a culinary partnership with Chef Thomas Keller
- All dining venues are complimentary, dine where, when and with whom you wish
- Seabourn Conversations, connecting with visionary experts
- Ventures by Seabourn, optional shore excursions, enhance and extend destination experiences in select destinations.
- Select purposeful and sustainable travel experiences in partnership with UNESCO
- Spa Wellness by Dr. Andrew Weil, featuring an exclusive mindful living program
- An evening entertainment experience in collaboration with Sir Tim Rice
Seabourn is a proud member of World's Leading Cruise Lines. The exclusive alliance also includes Carnival Cruise Lines, Holland America Line, Princess Cruises, Cunard Line, Costa Cruises, AIDA, P&O Cruises UK, P&O Cruises Australia and fathom. Seabourn is a brand of Carnival Corporation and plc (NYSE/LSE: CCL and NYSE: CUK). It has formed a partnership with United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) to help protect World Heritage sites.